The Association for Psychological Science (APS), a DC-based scientific organization, seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized individual for a Science Writer position in its journals department. This is a full-time position that provides the opportunity to join a dynamic team and communicate the cutting-edge research of a scientific association.
- Reads and summarizes all research articles published in six journals
- Assembles summaries in weekly emails sent to APS members and for other uses
- As part of the journals team, contributes to projects and tasks related to overall publishing operations
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD in psychology (or ABD) is preferred, but demonstrated understanding of and ability to communicate complex scientific findings is essential.
- At least 2–3 years of writing experience
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, and a keen eye for detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the desire to work in a team environment
- Outstanding communication skills and goal-directed problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with WordPress, Constant Contact, and manuscript submission systems a plus
- Commitment to excellence and a desire to exceed expectations
APS offers a competitive salary, great benefits, and a collegial environment. Email resume, cover letter including salary requirements, and a writing sample to hr [at] psychologicalscience [dot] org. No telephone calls please. APS is an equal opportunity employer.