Once hired for a position the candidate shall have sealed official transcripts for all post-secondary degrees mailed from the granting institution directly to the Provost’s office. Transcripts should be received by September 1.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a teaching portfolio (including a teaching philosophy, sample course syllabi, and summary teaching evaluations), and a research statement (as other document). All application materials should be submitted online. Applicants should ask at least three references to be prepared to submit letters upon request.
If you are unable to attach the supplemental materials to the online application please mail to:
Southern Oregon University
Human Resource Services
Churchill Hall, Room 159
1250 Siskiyou Boulevard
Ashland, OR 97520
This employer will not sponsor applicants for visas.
For inquiries and additional information, please contact: Human Resource Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (541)552-8553.
Ashland (15 A)
Hiring Pay Rate
$56,510 (Base $56,510 @ 1.0 FTE, CIP $0, YIR 1, Asst, CBA Table 12C)
The Department of Psychology at Southern Oregon University (SOU) is seeking candidates for a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor. The program is seeking an individual with a degree in general experimental psychology or behavioral neuroscience. Candidates must demonstrate the potential to develop and teach undergraduate courses in at least two of the following areas: cognition, psychopharmacology, behavioral neuroscience, sensation and perception, research methods and statistics. Applicants should provide documented evidence of scholarly activities and demonstrate a commitment to providing research experiences for undergraduate students.
Southern Oregon University is a welcoming community committed to inclusive excellence and the celebration of diversity. Without diversity, our educational process is diminished. Working together in support of our commitment to diversity, we strengthen and enrich our role as learners, educators and members of a tightly connected global community. We encourage those who share in our commitment to diversity, to join our community and we expect all our employees to demonstrate an ability and desire to create an inclusive campus community.
• Initial appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor requires a terminal degree (or ABD) in Experimental Psychology or Neuroscience or closely related discipline.
• Prior evidence of college/university level teaching equivalent to one full year of teaching.
• Applicants should possess a record of excellence in communicating research findings as evidenced by conference presentations and journal publications and demonstrate a commitment to excellent teaching and scholarship.
• Applicants should provide documented evidence of scholarly activities and demonstrate a strong commitment to providing research experiences for undergraduate students.
• Two or more years of teaching at the college/university level.
Teaching, sitting, and working at a computer.
This position is designated as a critical, security-sensitive or safety-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a Criminal Background Check.
Application must be received by:
for priority consideration
Anticipated Appointment Begin Date
Contact Name for Applicant Questions
Professorial: Teaching, scholarship, professional development and service.
Percent of total time
To Apply, visit: