Eastern Oregon University’s Psychology Program invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor, with teaching responsibilities for both campus and online (distance) courses within our program. This is a full-time, nine-month visiting position at the rank of assistant professor in Department of Psychology in the College of Science, Technology, Mathematics and Health Sciences.
• Appointment begins September 16, 2018 and ends on June 15, 2019
See webpage for full program information: https://www.eou.edu/psych/
• We seek an experimental psychologist with teaching experience in General Psychology, Biological Bases of Behavior, Neuropsychology, Psychopharmacology, and/or other courses within his or her area of expertise. Visiting faculty are responsible for teaching 36 load hours per academic year with an additional 9 credits of service.
• The candidate must be committed to ensuring that every student, faculty and staff member is a full member of the EOU community and that all community members recognize, promote and take advantage of the educational and cultural value of diversity.
• A Ph.D. in a field of experimental psychology from a regionally accredited institution or foreign equivalent is required; however, candidates nearing completion of their doctorate (ABD) with degree expected prior to September 2018 will be considered.
•Commitment to excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level is required.
•Valid work authorization documents are required.
•Must satisfactorily complete background check
For accreditation agencies recognized by EOU, visit http://chinook.eou.edu/hr/.
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching within the field of psychology at the college level.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicant must provide:
1) Letter of application (which should include why this position is attractive to the applicant, how it meets the applicant’s professional goals, and what attracts the applicant to EOU);
2) Curriculum vitae with names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three professional references;;
3) Transcripts (official will be required for finalists);
4) A one-page statement of teaching philosophy.
Candidates are encouraged to review the values and principles of Eastern Oregon University: https://www.eou.edu/strategy/values-and-principles
Only complete files of qualified applicants will be reviewed. To apply, please go to https://eou.peopleadmin.com
For information regarding benefits and retirement offered at EOU please visit https://www.eou.edu/hr/
Questions can be addressed to the search chair, Dr. Marie Balaban, at email@example.com
Eastern Oregon University is an EEO Employer and welcomes applications from women, members of historically underrepresented minority groups, US