The Institute of Psychology at the Alpen-Adria-University Klagenfurt, Department of Health Psychology, is seeking to fill a full-time Postdoctoral Researcher position. The position is for 6 years and will be filled as soon as possible. The minimum starting salary with benefits is 51,955.40 EURO and be increased based on previous job experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting scientific research in health psychology
- Teaching basic and special courses in the Bachelor's and Master's in Psychology programs
- Supervision of academic theses at all graduation levels as well as supervision of student examinations
- Participation in the administrative and organizational responsibilities of the Institute
- Planning, acquisition and management of externally-funded research projects
- PhD / Doctoral degree in the area of psychological science
- Research experience in health psychology or a related discipline
- An excellent research record, documented by international peer-reviewed publications
- Proven university teaching record in the areas relevant to the position
- Research interest in the area of family psychology, public health and/or behavioral interventions
- Expertise in quantitative research methods
- Excellent English language skills
- Experience in obtaining research grants and leading of externally funded research projects
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in teams
Alpen-Adria-University Klagenfurt intends to increase the number of women in high level faculty positions and specifically invites applications from qualified women.
Alpen-Adria-University Klagenfurt is an Equal Opportunity Employer; minorities and the physically challenged are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications from qualified candidates with a migration background are encouraged.
Further information can be obtained on the university’s website (see http://www.aau.at/jobs/information) or by contacting the Univ.-Prof. Dr. Heather Foran (email: email@example.com).
We regret that the Alpen-Adria-University Klagenfurt cannot reimburse applicants’ travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and/or hiring process. Please note that the original job description is available in German from:
Applications should be submitted by August 15, 2018 under the label (456-18) to the Alpen-Adria-University Klagenfurt, through the Online form, www.aau.at/obf