We are recruiting a motivated and talented individual for a postdoctoral position available in the UCSF Bonding and Attunement in Neuropsychiatric Disorders (BAND) Lab. Our lab is located at the San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Our work incorporates various behavioral, physiological, technological and psychopharmacological techniques to better understand the mechanisms of social connection in healthy individuals and social deficits in patient populations such as post-traumatic stress disorder, alcohol use disorder, and schizophrenia. Furthermore, our work also involves developing and testing novel treatments for these social deficits. More information about the work in the lab can be found here: http://woolleylab.ucsf.edu/ The successful candidate may conduct behavioral and physiological research involving human individual, dyadic, and group cohesion, psychobiological synchrony, and socially relevant pharmacological interventions in these clinical populations. Specifically, the candidate will contribute heavily to the design and execution of several research protocols; review and monitor behavioral assessments, psychophysiological data acquisition and analysis; and preparation of manuscripts for publication. The successful candidate must demonstrate independence and responsibility and show a serious drive for research.
1. Ph.D. required in the field of psychology, neuroscience or a related field
2. Strong expertise in quantitative statistical analysis
3. Evidence of research productivity
4. Experience with psycho- or neurophysiological recording, analysis tools and technical hardware/software experience, or experience with analyzing
5. Ability to work under minimal supervision
6. Ability to train research assistants
1. Programming experience with Python, Matlab, etc. and statistical software programs (e.g. R, SPSS).
2. Previous research experience is preferred.
3. Experience objectively assessing and quantifying verbal (semantic output, prosody) and non-verbal (eye-gaze, facial expressivity, gesturing) social-emotional behavior.
Please send your CV, cover letter, and contact information for two references to email@example.com