The Association for Psychological Science (APS) is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, analytical, and detail-oriented individual to serve as Senior Director of Membership and Marketing. This individual reports to the Executive Director and Deputy Director, and will:
- Lead a team of membership and marketing professionals to develop, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of promotional campaigns for member recruitment and retention, and use the results to inform future strategies and approaches
- Analyze historical data to identify opportunities and trends for both membership and marketing outreach
- Maintain strong connection to the APS membership and ensure that exception customer service is provided by the membership and marketing teams
- Develop comprehensive marketing plans and oversee outside consultants for convention exhibitors, sponsors, and advertisers, employment advertising, and product development
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of membership and marketing professionals.
- Experience with strategy, creation, and performance analysis for recruitment, retention, and other promotional activities.
- High-level experience with data management and analysis, and use of data to inform marketing strategies and activities.
- Experience working collaboratively across departments and with organization leadership.
- Financial analysis experience, including revenue and expense monitoring and reconciliation and budget development.
- At least 7 years of experience working in membership and/or marketing for a non-profit academic/educational/scientific member-based organization; equivalent experience will be considered, and a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role, director or higher.
APS is dedicated to the advancement and representation of scientific psychology across the full range of research areas in this diverse field. APS has 35,000 members from around the world and includes the field’s leading scientists, academics, educators, and students. APS educates the public and policymakers about psychological science, keeps our members informed about new developments and trends in the field, publishes 6 highly respected journals, hosts an annual US-based conference and a biannual international conference, and connects job seekers with employers and research opportunities in the field. Our informal operating motto is “lean and nice.”
APS offers a competitive salary, great benefits, convenient location, and a collegial environment. Email resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to hr [at] psychologicalscience [dot] org. No telephone calls please. APS is an equal opportunity employer.