WELLBRIDGE ADDICTION TREATMENT AND RESEARCH
JOB TITLE: RESEARCH SCIENTIST
REPORTS TO: RESEARCH CENTER DIRECTOR
The Research Scientist will work closely with Research Center Director and other members of the Wellbridge scientific and leadership team to plan and implement research center activities. Is responsible for day-to-day management of all research activities on the Wellbridge Residential Campus. Works closely with senior leadership to create a high level of coordination between clinical and research functions. Works closely with the Research Center Director to programmatically build out the research infrastructure and activities and widely publicize center findings and seek external sources of support.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Doctoral degree in Psychology (Clinical/ Counseling preferred), or Social Work
· Minimum 2 years of related postdoctoral work experience in clinical research (significant experience with substance use disorders (SUD) preferred).
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across disciplines and departments.
· Excellent communication skills; and ability to make independent decisions and work proactively.
· Authored/co-authored publications in peer reviewed scientific journals
· Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
· Experience managing and prioritizing various projects and ability to make decisions as warranted.
· Strong problem solving, conceptual, analytical, and communication skills.
· Ability to deal with complex issues using academic and administrative judgment with a high degree of discretion and diplomacy.
· Ability to create a positive, respectful, collaborative, and team-focused environment.
Interested candidates should send their CV with a cover letter to:
· Melissa Frisina, HR Director, Wellbridge Addiction Treatment and Research
With cc to:
· Nehal Vadhan, PhD, Associate Professor
Center for Addiction Services and Personalized Interventions Research (CASPIR)
Departments of Psychiatry and Molecular Medicine, Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
Feinstein Institute for Medical Research