The Department of Psychology at the University of Alaska Fairbanks invites applicants for a tripartite (teaching/research/service) tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level with an anticipated start date of August 2023. We have a particular need for candidates with experience in teaching both in-class and online courses with multicultural proficiency and an ability to teach across multiple areas of psychology. Expertise in health psychology, community psychology, cultural psychology, and/or social psychology - and statistics and research methods - is required. If you’re interested, apply here!
The Department of Psychology at the University of Alaska Fairbanks invites applicants for a tripartite (teaching/research/service) tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level. The successful applicant will begin in August 2023.
The UAF Psychology Department is a dynamic group of faculty with a commitment to multicultural perspectives which places a high priority on creating an environment supportive of the promotion of ethnic minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. Successful applicants will have a strong interest in teaching and mentoring students in both face-to-face and online modalities and are interested in being in Alaska long-term.
Our undergraduate program is one of the largest at UAF, a small research university. Our program offers a growing online undergraduate degree program, and we are seeking applicants interested in becoming an integral part of this growth. Our department's mission is centered on health and well-being, with a particular focus on culture (especially indigenous cultures) and rural populations. Psychology majors enjoy opportunities for participation in undergraduate research as well as community-based learning experiences. We seek applicants who can add to the breadth and diversity of our department while expanding in-class and out-of-class opportunities for psychology students.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
|● Expertise in health psychology, community psychology, cultural psychology, and/or social psychology
● Expertise in statistics and research methods
● Teaching across multiple areas of psychology at undergraduate level
● Teaching and developing interactive online courses
● Mentoring traditional and non-traditional students, including those who may be new to university campus and online learning environments
● Openness to being a contributing member of a cohesive psychology department and working with colleagues in other disciplines
● Commitment to integrating multi-cultural perspectives and content into every course
● Interest and/or experience in working with diverse, underserved and/or Indigenous populations
● Teaching undergraduate psychology courses as instructor of record
● Developing and teaching interactive online courses
● Developing and teaching face-to-face courses
● Teaching across multiple areas of psychology
● Mentoring undergraduate students
● Interest and/or experience in working with diverse populations
● Using instructional technologies in instruction
Required Education or Training:
Doctoral degree in psychology at time of appointment required; ABD minimum at time of application
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To ensure consideration, please apply prior to March 26, 2023, at 11:55 PM Alaska Standard Time. An initial review will begin March 27, 2023.
Please include the following with your application:
1. Cover Letter
2. CV (including history of courses taught)
3. Teaching Philosophy Statement
4. Research Statement
5. One sample syllabus as instructor of record for a face-to-face course
6. One sample syllabus as instructor of record for an online course
7. Names of three professional references with phone numbers and email addresses.
If you have difficulties with the application please contact UA Human Resources at 907-450-8200.
**To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.