The Association for Psychological Science (APS), a Washington, DC-based scientific organization, seeks a motivated, detail-oriented, and organized individual for the Membership Coordinator position.
APS is dedicated to the advancement and representation of scientific psychology across the full range of research areas in this diverse field. APS members around the world include leading scientists, scholars, educators, and students. APS publishes six highly respected journals, convenes scientific conventions and workshops, publishes a member magazine and related digital content, and has a broad public outreach and policy advocacy program that raises the visibility of APS members, their research, and the psychological science field as a whole.
About the Position
The Membership Coordinator will work with the Director of Membership to recruit, engage, and retain members. The role includes collaborating to develop and implement membership marketing and engagement strategy, tactics, and schedules. The position offers an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team and help steer APS’s membership growth.
· Contribute to the development of membership recruitment and renewal campaigns.
· Implement membership recruitment and renewal campaigns, including emails, mailings, social media, etc.
· Track and analyze results of membership efforts.
· Coordinate onboarding of new members.
· Update membership web content.
· Work with vendor to maximize mailing list rentals.
· Work with Creative Services Team to develop membership advertisements, graphics, and collateral materials.
· Serve as a first responder for inquiries into membership and general email inboxes.
· Represent APS onsite at events as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 1-2 years’ experience in association, customer service, or marketing role
· Bachelor’s degree (or relevant experience) in marketing, communications, business, or related field required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Willing to be part of a collaborative team and wear many hats
· Excellent organizational and project management skills, and a keen eye for detail
· Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and teamwork skills
· Commitment to providing top-notch customer service
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Experience with Association Management Software or customer databases a plus
· Experience with Mail Chimp or similar email platforms and WordPress a plus
APS offers a competitive salary, great benefits, and a collegial environment in a beautiful Dupont Circle office space. Hybrid work is an option, but this is not a fully remote position. Email resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to hr [at] psychologicalscience [dot] org. No telephone calls please. APS is an equal opportunity employer.