The Division of Behavioral Medicine in the Department of Medicine of the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo is recruiting a faculty hire as part of the expansion of our clinical and research team with expertise in behavioral aspects of chronic pain disorders. The position is targeted at the Assistant Professor but applications from outstanding clinician scientists at Associate Professor or Professor levels will also be considered. The position includes both research and clinical activities.
- Collaborating on existing research projects with the goal of developing a successful program of research that will enhance our externally funded programs focused on the interface of health behavior and their impact on health outcomes.
- Mentoring faculty and/or trainees on research design expertise
- Faculty appointment in the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences provides vast opportunities for scholarly work, clinical education, and collaboration in a rich academic environment with strong impact and growth potential.
- P.h.D. or equivalent in Clinical, Counseling or Health Psychology from an APA-accredited graduate school and an APA-accredited clinical internship
- Must be licensed/license eligible as a Clinical or Counseling Psychologist in New York
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Interest in collaboration, and commitment to building strategic partnerships with shared goals.
Posting Number: F230253
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.