The University of Minnesota Duluth integrates liberal education, research, creative activity, and public engagement and prepares students to thrive as lifelong learners and globally engaged citizens.
UMD is a community of learners and scholars that promotes student success, provides an enriching experience, and is committed to core values that shape the university and its purpose.
- Learning. We analyze, solve problems, improve processes, and develop new ways of creating, working, and being.
- Discovery. We discover, create, and share knowledge.
- Engagement. We actively collaborate with each other and the larger community to identify and achieve common goals.
- Inclusiveness. We respect and embrace the diversity of individuals, perspectives, and ideas and promote social justice.
- Sustainability. We balance current environmental, economic, and social needs with those of future generations.
- Innovation. We are an evidence-based and forward-thinking institution that is capable of adjusting to changing demands on the university.
- Integrity. We adhere to the highest ethical standards and take responsibility for our ideas and actions.
- Excellence. We achieve excellence through creativity, continuous improvement, and innovation.